We are very happy the J.A.C.K. sanctuary can again count on the wonderful support of the Zoo of La Palmyre.
It has now been 11 years that this sponsor helps the Congolese sanctuary. And thanks to its grant, J.A.C.K. has been able to develop the complex so as to improve the captive conditions of the rescued chimpanzees.
This year, the grant of the French Zoo will finally end a project that started 3 years ago. Since the residents are getting bigger and stronger, their facilities must be adapted to their strength and growth. Therefore, the 3 open air playgrounds have had their security improved by means of huge metallic “shields” placed on top of the electrical fences.
The welder launched the final stage of this huge security project earlier this year but had to stop all the works due to the pandemic. The sanctuary was indeed put on lockdown on the 2nd of April and no one was allowed to enter the complex except the Founders of J.A.C.K. The last security”shields” were built just before lockdown and remained in the middle of the forest…
Today, even if the Corona virus is still around the sanctuary, the lockdown has been lifted and our team of artisans could start working again by following a strict sanitary protocol that has been implemented by the Founders. The sanctuary is still closed to visitors. Only the staff and the artisans are allowed to enter. All of them have to stick to the sanitary measures imposed by the sanctuary. The welder will soon finish the works…
WE are very blessed to have our residents supported by PRO WILDLIFE!
It has been 3 years now that our sanctuary has been kindly supported by this German wildlife organisation and, this year, its support is more than welcome since the pandemic is striking over here too and J.A.C.K. is facing tough times. Feeding the rescued chimpanzees and providing them with the best care is sometimes a real challenge!!
Many thanks again to PRO WILDLIFE, its Managers, its team and great Donors for their priceless support!
Yes, today, it’s been 10 years that Dr Mc Greal, her Team and her incredible IPPL Donors have been supporting J.A.C.K. in the Democratic Republic of the Congo!
Amazing achievements have been accomplished thanks to the Love and Trust of the INTERNATIONAL PRIMATE PROTECTION LEAGUE (IPPL) and its commitment has always aimed in improving the well being of the orphan residents rescued by the Congolese NGO. IPPL has
- contributed to the building of night rooms, an education centre and a vet clinic;
- been providing day and night security at the sanctuary by sponsoring armed Rangers;
- helped in the first steps of building the volunteer camp at the sanctuary;
- participated in the installation of power and of part of the plumbing system at J.A.C.K. (the sanctuary stayed 10 years without elecrticity!);
- improved night facilities (building nests & tunnels for chimps) and open air playgrounds (jungle gyms);
- participated in annual health checks of chimpanzees;
- ensured the purchase of some food supplies for the chimpanzees;
- enhanced security of open air playgrounds (huge metallic “shields” on top of fences);
- and, most recently, has supported to the locked down personnel & their families during the Covid19 pandemic.
Also, J.A.C.K. has had the priviledge to be introduced in some of the Newsletters of IPPL. An article has been indeed published in the most recent Newsletter that you can read here => https://www.ippl.org/gibbon/current-news/newsletters-2020s/
In the name of its 34 chimpanzee residents, J.A.C.K. sanctuary would like to thank Dr Mc Greal for all the Love and Care she has provided to THEM for the last 10 years. Her IPPL Team and incredible Donors have made dreams come true several times at our little Congolese sanctuary and saying “thaNk You” is very weak compared to the gratefulness we have at J.A.C.K.
Thank YOU all for THEM!